Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Airplanes in the night sky

My mom and I had this trip planned since June because of the Cebu Pacific promo.  Finally, the day of our trip to Singapore!

Flight no.: 5J-803
Gate no. 111
Boarding time: 8:00 pm
Departure: 8:30 pm

We arrived at NAIA 3, three hours before our flight.  It took us an hour and a half to get in.  By this time, my mom had a bad case of colds.  I was hoping that she would be able to rest in the hotel and it'll be gone, but before that... At 8:00 pm, they announced that our flight will be delayed for an hour due to late arrival of turn around plane... something like that.

ETD: 9:30 pm

At around 8:20pm, they announced the flight delay again.  I thought it was just to reiterate the one hour delay. But no, it wasn't.

ETD: 10:30 pm

Since travel time is 3 hours and 25 minutes, our ETA at SG was around 2:00 am.  It was frustrating! So to kill time, I tried looking for a place with wi-fi.

Fast forward>>

This is my first time in years to be on a plane again.  My last trip was to the US, back in the Summer of 2005.  So when we took off, it actually scared me.  That... scary moment when the plane speeds off and then eventually... flies.  It just felt like there's a chance the plane will fall.


Yay! Touchdown Singapore!

In the taxi on our way to the hotel, it felt as if I was just in the Philippines, particularly Makati, with a right-hand side Chinese (Singaporean) driver using some techie gadget that tells him "Drive Carefully".

We got to the Parc Sovereign hotel in Albert Street at around 2:30 am.  We had a problem with checking in -- they didn't have a room other than an Executive suite.  So we bunked with my mom's former officemate and her daughter who were also there for the weekend.  It was a small room really meant for two people but we had no other choice.  Sorry!

Slept at 3:30 am and we had to wake up at... 7:00 am.

It was a pretty bad day.  At least we got to SG safely :D

No comments:

Post a Comment